Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Adventures in Arenal



If you are looking for another place where you can spend your day full of fun and adventure in the Arenal area then I recommend visiting Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park! This park is so amazing and is situated right in the rain forest with an outstanding view of the Majestic Arenal Volcano. www.misticopark.com

    
You would think that because of its name the park only offers Hanging Bridges but they also have a good variety of tours.

You can combine a couple of tours to make it a full day. Don't miss out on the Arenal Zorbing! It’s an exciting activity that is hard to find in any other place in Costa Rica. 

 
You can bring a lunch for a nice picnic or simply join their ‘Sal & Pimienta’ restaurant.
                                          
When I arrived at the park, I was overwhelmed with all the different activities I had to chose from. I wanted to challenge myself by doing something that I’ve never done before. I was very curious about the ‘Spider Monkey Canyon’ adventure. I thought about how fun it would be to feel like a monkey for the day and see where they hang out most of the time.🙊

 
I didn't realize how much of a real adventure I signed myself up for. I didn't quite understand that I had to deal with many of my fears in this challenge.

First I had to trust the guides with my life! I had to zip line down the middle of a canyon about 150 feet above a river.  
    

  I had to lower myself down into the rushing waters where another guide was waiting for me.

   
I felt terrified and amazed at the same time. It was so spectacular watching the crystal waterfalls splash fresh water all over my body on my way down. It was breath taking. I learned that my fears almost stopped me from doing something great!

   
  I felt so accomplished to make it down to the river by rope. 


Now I had to face another fear. I had to jump into a small pool of cool rushing water. The guides were so accommodating and patient with me. They made me feel very comfortable.

    
This truly was a very challenging adventure for me. It really showed me that fear only stops you from living. Funny how a little excitement makes a person feel so alive! I felt like Wonder Woman. 🙌

If you work for a corporation and you are thinking about having an incentive group or conference in Costa Rica, I highly recommend this activity for Team Building.

If you don't have a rental vehicle to take you to the park, for an additional charge they will pick you up at the hotel you are staying in the area of La Fortuna.


Don't hesitate to use a travel professional. Their knowledge and expertise will help you have a memorable vacation.

Contact me for help planning your trip.  ec_travels@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment